A committee of United Way staff and experienced volunteers from the community make investment decisions based on community priorities, ongoing research, local knowledge, available funding, and the following criteria and guidelines:
- Aligns with United Way focus areas
- Addresses policy, systems, or individual change
- Engages and mobilizes community
- Addresses need(s) in the community
- Applies evidence-based practices
- Addresses underlying causes of social issues
- Demonstrates measurable impact
- Organization or initiative exhibits excellence in performance, partnerships, and leadership
- Organization or initiative exhibits strong governance
United Way does not fund:
- Non-registered charities
- For-profit organizations
- Political parties
- Religious activities
- Capital expenses
- Individuals Deficit Funding
Registered Canadian charities operating local programs that meet our funding criteria and guidelines are encouraged to apply for United Way support through open calls for proposals when available.
2021-2022 Funding Application
United Way Fort McMurray and Wood Buffalo is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 funding cycle, which runs from April 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022.
Please submit all parts of the preliminary application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5th, 2020.
* In order to access part 1 and 2 (PDF) of the application, please download the files to your desktop and save them. From there, open files from the saved location.